Many wifi routers come with the default password and username which is already given by the manufacturer. This password may be very tough to enter and many don’t like this password and the wifi name is also quite annoying for people.
Usually, the router box comes with a default web address and a default password printed in it and a wifi name which is given for the router. Many think that it is not possible to change the wifi password or the wifi name so they stick with the same tricky wifi password and the wifi name for so many years.
However, if you don’t like your wifi router password or wifi name then it is possible to change it. May it be any device – a mobile phone, a laptop, computer, and tablet. For all these devices you can change your wifi password or the wifi name.
This article will be helpful for you want to change your wifi name and password across different mobile platforms and devices very effortlessly. First, we’ll learn how to change wifi names and then we will move on to changing the password. This wifi password and the wifi name can be changed just through the administrative interface of the router.
Let’s see the step by step instruction on how to change your wifi name and password.
How to Change Wifi Name
How to change wifi name in AT & T
- This process can be started by going to the 192.168.1.254
- Now enter your device access code this code can be found at the side of the gateway.
- Now in the settings go to LAN and click wifi.
- Under the wifi network name, you can change the wifi name. And the password can also be changed.
How to change wifi name on any mobile
Many are not aware that the wifi or hotspot name can be changed in a mobile device. Whenever if they want to change the name people will access the laptop but is very simple to change it with your mobile device through these following steps.
- The first step to change the wifi name is to connect your mobile device to the wifi network.
- There is a useful app available to do this task in an easier way which is called as the genie application.
- Enter your wifi network and the admin password you and click on the login button
- Now tap the wifi button available there and the wifi page displays on the screen.
- Now you can enter an easy and simple wifi name of your choice and the network name can also be changed here. Then enter the wifi name of your choice and clicks enter.
- Now you can save the changes you have done.
How to change wifi name on iPhone
- Paste your router IP address on the browser. This will direct you to the admin page or the security page.
- In the page enter your default wifi name and the password should be entered as admin.
- Now enter your new wifi name and click the apply button to make changes.
- Now turn your wifi network on and connect with the iPhone with the new wifi name displayed on the screen.
How to change wifi name on Netgear
- Enter and search the routerlogin.net in the browser.
- When a prompt display on the screen asking your username enter admin and if it aks the password enter the word “password”.
- Now click the ok button.
- In the basic homepage enter your default wifi name and click the apply button.
- You have now successfully changed your wifi name on Netgear.
How to change your wifi name in TP link
- For this ensure that your pc is connected with the network. Make sure that your wireless wifi is working properly.
- Now in any browser enter the too link in the search box.
- The tp-link address is 192.168.1.1 the link now enter this on your browser.
- In the factory setting, you can see and enter the password and the network name on the boxes.
- There is a wireless tab available in the left side of the page you can click that.
- There will also be a wireless security button click on that to see the wireless security menu.
- WPA-PSK/WPA 2PSK this box can be seen in the bottom and click the button.
- Type the new wifi name in the box now. In the PSK filed to enter the new name you want to try.
- Now you can save the changes you have done by clicking the save button on the page.
- Now every time you connect with your wireless wifi network then you have to enter the new name.
How to change wifi name on Mac
- See whether the wifi network is connected with your Mac os. In the general setting at the top, you can select the network preferences option.
- Now in the advanced setting, you can click on the TCP option.
- Now copy the link available there and paste it on your browsers search box.
- Login as admin and enter the password. The default password can be found on the box in which the router came.
- Now you have the login to change the password enter the new password and the old password and again re-enter the new password.
- Now click the apply button and check the status of this task.
- There is a WLAN option where you can see the status.
- Now enter the new password and the wifi name to connect with your wifi.
How to change wifi name and password in windows 10
You can very easily or quickly change the wifi name or the wifi password in the windows system lets see how to do it easily. We all know that no one can track your wifi network with the default password or the new password. However, many users prefer to keep the wifi password and names very different and simple.
- The first step in this process is to find the IP address. This is needed to see the password of the default gateway. Enter the CMD command in the taskbar to find the IP address.
- The next step is to login into the router network.
- Try to enter the default username in the respective boxes.
- Now change the wireless network setting on your windows system.
- Then you will see SSID network name; change it.
- Now you can also change the password by entering the new password.
How to Change WiFi Password
How to change the password on mobile
- With the same Genie app you used to change the name, you change your wifi password on mobile. enter the login details.
- Now enter the new password.
- The next time you connect your wifi network then enter the new password you have created.
How to change the password on Netgear
- The first step is to Visit the routerlogin.net in your browser.
- Now enter the login details in the page which the username and the password. You should log in as an admin and password should be entered as the password.
- In the setting choose the wireless setting option.
- Now enter the wifi password you want to change and clicks save to make changes.
How to change wifi password on D link
- By opening your web browser and enter Dlink router so that you make the changes without any difficulty.
- There is a setup tab available there and click on the wireless setting option which can be found at the left side of the page.
- A page will be displayed where you should enter the username as admin. There is no need to enter the password and click ok.
- You can now click on the manual network set up option.
- In the security page, enter the new wifi password you want to use. Ensure that you click save button before closing the page.
- Now when you connect to your wifi network enter the new password.
How do I change router password on Huawei
- Open a browser and enter the code 192.168.1.1 in the sear bar and press enter.
- Now you have entered the password you should enter is ‘admin’.
- In the setting on WLAN click the VPA preshared option.
- Now enter your new key and start using your wifi.
How to change the router password through TP link
All the procedures of changing the wifi password on tp link are the same as changing the wifi name. When the WPA-PSK/WPA 2PSK appears to click ‘ok’ and enter the new password and save it. Next time you use the wifi network to enter this new password.
How to change the password on Xfinity
It is now very easy to change your wifi password with the Xfinity application which is accessible on all mobile devices.
- First, try to create an Xfinity username and password this will be needed to log in the Xfinity account.
- In the may account app option there are wifi icons available now click on it. If you are using an android device then click on the menu button and then click on the internet icon in the upper left.
- The next step is to press the wireless gateway option available on the app.
- Now to change the name or password of your wifi there is a separate option which is available to change wifi setting click on it.
- And now there will be two boxes for you to enter your wifi network name and the password. Enter the existing wifi password you want to change. When you are done entering click on the save button.
- Wait for a while till the gateway processes and makes the changes you have entered.
- Now reconnect your wifi network and enter your new wifi network name and password.
I hope you find this guide helpful when you’re wanting to change your wifi name and password over different devices and routers.
Also, read our list of best wifi names: